Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some Sports Talk - NHL & NBA

Well... I learned something from that Stanley Cup. To listen to your gut. My gut was telling me to go with Detroit the entire way because of how solid their defense was and is, but I decided to go with the less experienced Penguins. Why? Not sure actually. Maybe it was my friend brain washing me into believing that they were the better team... who knows?

Anyway, that was a damn exciting Cup. Even though it didn't go to 7 games as I had hoped, it was still intense! Congrats to the Red Wings and their stout defense. Wow, they really took it to those young superstars that's for sure! I can't wait for next season.

Alright, I am sure most of you are aware that the NBA Finals is and has been going on for a week or so now. Celtics & Lakers. Boy does this ring my 'dejavu' bell! I am from around Boston, so of course I am rooting for the Celtics. Even though I am not a big Basketball fan myself, I hang on my pride. My prediction for these finals is, Celtics in 7 (unless they somehow win the next away game). So with that said, I will leave you all with a nice little chant that I will be yelling at the television when Boston doesn't have the ball... DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!! Ok I'm done... Good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big hockey fan myself but I watched the entire final game. Man are those Redwings good. They are my favorite team thanks to me liking Dominic "The DOMINATOR" Hasek. He's been my favorite player since forever. Anyways.. its nice to see Detroit win AGAIN. What the hell is up with the Bruins. They are like the black sheep of the Boston sports family. They used to be good too.

As for the NBA. Thats my game so I watched all the celtics playoff games from start to end. I'm a huge KG fan since I moved from MN and have watched him since he was drafted by the Twolves. I'm so happy for him and glad that he finally has his ring.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

Nate said...

I have always liked KG as well. Ray Allen has also been one of my favorites since his time with Uconn, so I was extremely excited/shocked when I saw them playing on Boston at the beginning of the season lol.