Monday, February 04, 2008

The Big Let Down

Oh my, oh my, oh freaking my!!! Yes this is about the Superbowl, deal with it...

Where to begin...hmmm. I'll start off congratulating the huge underdogs as they obviously deserved it much more than the patriots in that game. In my eyes, all i see are flaws. Flaws on many sides of the ball. Starting with how horrible the referees have been this entire season (please fire them all). Now, don't get me wrong, the ref's didn't do all that bad in this game surprisingly. Except for the first half on 2 plays that come to mind that contributed to the outcome.

  • The pass from Eli to A. Toomer that went for, I don't know, 50 yards ish? When Toomer BLATENTLY shoved the safety in the face to knock him out of the way for the ball, which should have been a pass interference on the Giants. Thus, would take away their first FG I believe.

  • I think this was in the 2nd Quarter...where I believe Manning and Bradshaw had some miscommunication and fumbled the ball. The Patriots guy CLEARLY landed on top of the ball...yet for some reason they say the Giants have it? Ok buddy... Whatever you say.
Anyway, poor calls aside. It turned out to be just like any other close game the Patriot's had. They don't do shit until the last minutes of the 4th quarter and figure it would be enough to win. Why the hell not play like that all game? Morons... Also, was it just me or did Brady's Offensive line seem to be playing hungover? I mean good god, my grandma could of done a better job at blocking.

Last but definitely not least. Whoever decided it was a good idea to go for it in the first half at 4th & 13 instead of kicking a FG for the extra 3 points, should be fired...Yes, I don't give a crap if it was Belichick's idea or not. Pathetic, does not even describe how this game was stragetized and played.

Before I feel my brain explode anymore, I'll just end it with this:
I am so glad you guys decided to play like a Highschool football team in the biggest game of your careers. Good Game. You didn't deserve to win this. I haven't been this dissappointed and or felt this let down since the Bledsoe era. There, I said it.

The whole season means nothing without that win. None of this 18-0 bullshit. In my eyes they are 0-1.

No comments: